Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Friend In My Dreams

In my dreams I have a friend, cuties thing you ever did see, it’s a ball of light about the size of a ping pong ball, it always dances and buzz around for me, being the guardian to my happy side. Even in its fun silly ways; there is wisdom to be drawn from it if you calm enough to observe its ways, each move ever so calculated. Its gifts so personalized, gifts of my heritage, that of my love for music, the arts, that of my taste for life, for flavors of my childhood meals. When inquire of its being. It stops pauses as if studying my question then continues to dance and buzz. Often I find untouched parts of my heart dancing in step with its moves; we get along like hand and glove. We laugh together, sing together, cry together but no matter the occasion, it’s just awesome when we’re together, such abundance of youth is restored when we’re together. Within all this energy of fun and youth it also helps me to calm, it laughs at my questions of “why”, “how” now I understand in the midst of life’s challenges and constant bash, the secret to success is that you find true love and when you do keep it close. Now I’m as alive as my friend, you see the day draws near that our friendship will no longer be a dream. I thank my ball of light for staying in my dreams, for reminding me that living without true love is fast death, certainly NO way of living. Not only has it reminded me of this trivial fact, it goes on to hold my hands and lead me when I forget the steps to the tunes I must dance to. Today I enjoy my dreams, tomorrow I will open my eyes and we will hold hands, I enjoy each night’s dream and look to awake to tomorrow. I’m grateful to my friend and questions no more, I only thank this light for giving me the gift of its submission and finally to learn to love my dreams, you see some could say how can I love a thing I have not met. They question because they have not met my friend, I just smile and move on, the end.

1 comment: